Called “the invisible killer,” carbon monoxide is an odorless, colorless gas that often goes undetected. This gas is found in fumes any time you burn fuel

Everyone is at risk of carbon monoxide poisoning. Symptoms are described as “flu-like” and include:

  • Headache
  • Chest pain
  • Vomiting
  • Dizziness
  • Nausea
  • Confusion

Have your heating, water, and other systems regularly inspected

Adding proper maintenance to your home’s heating system and other gas, oil, or coal-burning appliances is essential in preventing dangerous levels of carbon monoxide. To ensure that each appliance runs safely and efficiently, be sure to have them serviced by a qualified technician at least once every year.

This routine inspection can detect any issues before they become a hazard that could affect the health and safety of your family. Additionally, servicing your systems can help reduce energy costs in the future. A yearly check-up from a professional can go a long way to keeping your home secure from hazardous gases.

Don’t keep vehicles running in the garage

Many people with attached garages may not realize that keeping their vehicles running inside the garage can cause a buildup of dangerous carbon monoxide. Though opening the garage door might provide ventilation, more is needed, and the gases can easily migrate into your home.

Install carbon monoxide detectors

Ensuring your home is safe against carbon monoxide gas is incredibly important, and installing carbon monoxide detectors with a digital readout is a must-have in any home. Digital readouts are more accurate than analog displays and can detect even slight concentrations of the gas, allowing you to understand your indoor air quality quickly.

With this type of detector, you can rest assured that if any levels of carbon monoxide are in your home, you’ll be alerted immediately and can address it accordingly. Placing detectors on each floor of your home is important for comprehensive safety for yourself and anyone else who lives there.

Don’t use generators, grills, or other devices inside your home

Taking safety precautions when dealing with open flames in your home is crucial. Generators, grills, and other portable devices typically produce open flames that can be hazardous. Factors such as improper ventilation and fuel use can result in Carbon Monoxide poisoning or a house fire.

Contact Missouri Basement for improved air quality in your home

The air quality in your home is integral to your and your family’s health, and it should not be taken lightly. If you’re worried about the air you breathe in, calling a professional team for expert guidance is the right thing to do. Missouri Basement offers top-quality service: their staff can help identify air quality issues like radon or mold.

Don’t Wait! Get Your Home Inspected Today!

Contact Missouri Basement For An EZ-Crack Online Estimate